The quality of human life continues to be one of the most important issues in health science. Developments in the field of modern medicine require a multidisciplinary approach to create new breakthroughs based on evolving technologies. Biomedical engineering will improve the accuracy of diagnosing disease and therapy, contributing to the improvement of individuals’ quality of life. Biomedical engineering at the UGM Graduate School is a multidisciplinary program that aims to equip professionals with the following capabilities:
· Developing biomedical engineering based on research
· Designing medical tools which are safeto be used on the human body as well as affordable for all people
· Designing engineered organs using safe substances
· Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams
· Collaborating with industrial institutions, mainly the medical tools industry
The Biomedical Engineering Program is open to students from variouseducational backgrounds related to the medical field, such as: medical education, dentistry, mechanical, biology, and pharmaceutical studies, as well as mathematics and the natural sciences.